Last updated: February 12, 2021
Welcome to movimundi business app (along with its app, ”movimundi” or the “Platform”), provided by IYOGA LLC, a U.S.-based corporation (“our”, “we” or “us”). movimundi allows people to easily create, schedule and stream Classes, as well as to manage their staff . We are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, and security of the personal data (“Personal Data”) that we hold by complying with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations. We are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees, service providers, and agents uphold these obligations. This policy explains how we manage Personal Data and your rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Data.
- “User”, “Users”, or “You” is all Users of the Platform
- “Student(s)” is/are a User who books, pays for or attends Classes
- “Teacher(s)” is/are a User who creates, schedules, streams, and hosts paid Classes
- ‘Studio Manager(s)” is/are a User who manages teachers in particular Studio, creates and schedules Classes for Teachers in the Studio
- ‘Studio” is a separate entity on movimundi which owns its merchant account and schedule
- “Class(es)” is/are offered by Studios and can be for individuals or groups, and are offered on movimundi.
Contact details of data controller (as defined in applicable regulations): IYOGA LLC, 6548 28th Ave NE, Seattle, WA USA 98115.
Data Protection Contact: email@example.com
Information we collect in movimundi
We collect and process the following Personal Data about you and provide the reasons for collecting and the retention period we hold this data below. We do not share, sell, rent or trade Personal Data with third parties for their commercial purposes, except when you have consented.
1. Personal information processed by movimundi
If you use movimundi we process the following data as the data controller:
For all Users:
- Account and profile information. This is data that all Users provide when creating an movimundi account and profile, in order for us to carry out the establishment of the account and granting access to the Platform. This can include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Nickname (optional)
- Profile photo (optional)
- Yoga experience (optional)
- Yoga goal (optional)
- Health issues (optional)
- We collect data such as the last time you have used movimundi.
- All User-generated content, including information about Studios joined, including information that a User chooses to provide (including use of camera and microphone), during a Class’s studio time is processed by movimundi.
- We collect information on the number of Classes instructed/attended, and information on aggregate amount received / paid and refunded/credited for each User.
A Student is a User who books, pays for or attends Classes. In order to attend Classes, you must create a profile (as above). In order to pay for a Class, you must provide additional information to Braintree, our payment processor. This additional information may include:
- Credit card details (movimundi does not receive your credit card number)
- PayPal login details (movimundi does not receive your PayPal login details)
- We collect information on how many and which Classes a Student has joined in every Studio.
A Teacher is a User who creates, schedules, streams, and/or hosts any Classes through the Platform. To become a Teacher, you must create a profile (as above), join your Studio in the app, ask your Studio Manager to assign you the Teacher role, and update your Profile with Teacher specific data:
- Certification level
- Certification Authority (optional)
- Teacher liability insurance provider (optional)
- Teacher Bio (optional)
For Studio Owners:
- In order to receive payments from your Students, you must create for your Studio a Merchant Account with Braintree, our payment processor. You will be requested to provide your Studio data. This additional information includes:
- Studio name
- Studio logo
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- In order to receive payouts from Braintree, you will need to provide bank account information to them. This information includes:
- Routing number of a US bank
- Account holder name
- Account number of a US bank account
- Account type (individual or business)
Payment and payout data is held for as long as you maintain your account with Braintree. movimundi does not have access to this information.
2. Information automatically collected by movimundi
For technical reasons, we collect the following data that the app or your browser transmits to our server when you are using the mobile app or navigating the Web site:
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- operating system and its interface
We use this data for the legitimate interest of displaying our website to you and providing stability and security in the operation of our website.
3. We collect / process Personal Data about you in the following ways:
- When you create an account and profile on movimundi
- When you book or pay for a Class
- When you submit a query or request to us
- When you message or email us, such as for technical or other reasons
- When you respond to a survey that we run or fill in forms on one of our websites
- By tracking your use of our websites
- When you create content such as appearing in Classes, live video, audio, images or messages to movimundi
We use Personal Data that we collect about you for the following purposes and on the following legal bases:
- When you provide us with consent to the processing of your Personal Data for one or more specific purposes. Example:
- To keep you informed about our activities. Upon submission of your request, you will receive at the specified email address a double opt-in request to confirm the consent to receive updates from us, which include emails relevant to your usage of movimundi.
- When there is a legitimate interest, meaning the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. Examples:
- Handling contact and user support requests
- When adding a Class to your calendar
- To improve our app, website and Classes based on your information and feedback
- To carry out market analysis and research
- To monitor the use of our products and services
- To assess, maintain, upgrade and improve our products and services
- To carry out education and training programs for our staff
- To manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues, or to prevent fraud and abuse on the Platform
- To carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes
- In the performance of a contract with us. This means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract. Examples:
- To verify your identity when you are dealing with us
- To provide the Platform, including the Classes, to you
- To allow you to sign into your account
- To allow you to join a Class
- To process payments through our third-party payment processor
- To send you emails regarding your movimundi account or other emails that are transactional in nature
- If you have approved (opted-in) receiving marketing materials from us, to send you marketing materials about products or services that we think you may be interested in (including in some cases products and services that are provided by a third party). We may use your following Personal Data for the purpose of direct marketing.
- identifying information, such as your name
- contact information, such as your email address and phone number
- products and services portfolio information and demographic data held by us from time to time
You can revoke your consent at any time in the following ways:
- Click the “Unsubscribe” button in the emails you receive from us
- Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By sending a message to the contact details provided on the movimundi homepage.
Sharing of personal information
1. Information We Share
We may share Personal Data about you only if it is necessary for the purposes described above and only on a legal basis. We might share your Personal Data with:
- Your representatives, advisers, and others you have authorized to interact with us on your behalf
- Our staff who need the information to discharge their duties
- Studio Managers, Teachers and other third parties in order to fulfill the services
- Payment system operators and financial institutions in order to fulfill the services
- Government authorities who ask us to disclose that information, or to other people as required by law
- Advertising partners, who provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
2. Information We Share with Third Parties
We use external service providers for processing of some Personal Data. Within the framework of a contract for data processing, these service Providers have committed themselves, among other things, to observing appropriate technical and organizational measures for data security and act in accordance with instructions on our behalf. Our main service providers are listed below but are subject to change. We never sell your Personal Data to third parties.
Amazon Web Services, INC. (AWS), USA
Zoom Video Communications, Inc., USA
PayPal, Inc., USA
Stripe, Inc., USA
Google LLC, USA
We use the following services offered by Google LLC (“Google”):
- Google Tag Manager (GTM), is processing data from Google Analytics and Google Adwords.
- Google Optimize to perform A/B testing on our content and design online. Google Optimize uses Google Analytics cookies in order to collect information about the visitors on our websites.
- Google Analytics for our analysis and tracking needs.
- Google Firebase to process push notifications in our mobile app
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your anonymized IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google is also used as an advertising partner and may use certain Personal Data (such as email address) for purposes of providing you with targeted advertising.
3. Information Shared with Teachers
When you sign up for a Class with a Teacher, the following information is shared with that Teacher, as stated in our Terms of Service:
- Your Name, email address, phone number, and any information in your movimundi profile
- Your image and audio, during a Class (Classes are recorded for security reasons only and the recordings are not shared with the Teachers)
- Anything you state or show on the shared screen during the live stream of the Class
- You have control over your privacy as a Student; you can decide if you want the Teacher or other Students to see your video and hear your during the Class as an Interactive Student.
All Teachers agree to the terms of our Data Processing Agreement (“DPA”) when they opt-in to the Terms of Service upon creating an account with movimundi. This DPA is a Teacher’s promise to protect the privacy of other Users during and beyond their relationship with movimundi.
If you (or any User) choose to engage in public activities on movimundi you do so at your own risk. You should be aware that any information you share may be read, seen, photographed, recorded and subsequently used by other Users (Including Teachers) without our consent. You should therefore use caution in disclosing Personal Data. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these situations.
4. Information We Share with the Public
The following information is publicly available to visitors to the Platform, as well as Users, as per our Terms:
- Teacher name,
- teacher bio on movimundi
Any audio that is shared by the Teacher during the Class’s studio time, including through the share audio feature, will be included in the recording. This may still however lead to recordings containing Personal Data. Users will be alerted via visual cues when a Class is being recorded. After a Class is recorded, it is stored on Zoom and transferred to our movimundi cloud, hosted by Amazon Web Services. The recording cannot be viewed by other Users. We have robust and validated access controls to prevent unauthorized access to Class recordings saved to the movimundi cloud. Studio Managers have the option to request download of the recordings of their Classes. When a Studio Manager chooses to store a recording locally, movimundi does not have control over the recording. movimundi holds recordings of Classes for as long as the Studio has an account with movimundi.
Retention of your personal data
We retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. We determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data on the basis of the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements (such as statutes of limitation).
After the retention period ends, your Personal Data will be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of the data.
International transfer of information collected
Your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate. Therefore, if you are an EU data subject, your Personal Data may be processed outside the EEA, and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission and which may not provide for the same level of data protection in the EEA. In this event, we will ensure that such a recipient offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission.
Your rights relating to your personal data
1. Your data rights
Users in certain locations may have rights, including those under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) or other analogous legislation in other jurisdictions regarding data that movimundi controls as a Controller under the GDPR, CCPA or similar (“Personal Data”), including:
- To request access to Personal Data that we may process about you (right to access);
- To require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data, free of charge (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your Personal Data to the extent permitted by other legal obligations (right to erasure; the right to be forgotten);
- To restrict/oppose our processing of your Personal Data (right to a restriction of processing/right to object);
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (after explicit opt-in) or share it with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, to object at any time to this processing without giving a specific reason, including to opt out of the sale of Personal Data;
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”; Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites or app);
- To withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
We do not discriminate against Users who exercise their privacy rights.
If you submit a request to exercise your privacy rights, you may be asked to verify the request by logging into your movimundi account. If we are unable to verify your request, then for your protection, we reserve the right to deny the request.
In certain cases, we may charge you an administration fee for providing you with access to the information you have asked for, but we will inform you of this before proceeding.
There may be cases where we aren’t able to provide the information you request, such as where it would interfere with the privacy of others or result in a breach of confidentiality. In these cases, we will let you know.
Even if you do not request access to and/or correct your Personal Data held by us, we may take reasonable steps to correct Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading.
2. How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
If you want to exercise your right to have us stop processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you can do this via the Unsubscribe link present in every email from us, or directly via email, in which case you should put your request in writing (an email with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’); provide us with enough information to identify you, and if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel, please specify which channel.
Deleting your account
If you no longer want to use movimundi and would like to delete your account, use the Delete function on the movimundi app. Once your account is deleted, your profile will be deactivated on the Platform and we may delete all of your Personal Data.
Storage and security of personal data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. We generally store the Personal Data that we collect in electronic databases, some of which may be held on our behalf by third party data storage providers. Sometimes we also keep hard copy records of this Personal Data in physical storage facilities.
movimundi’s systems do not access your credit card number. We use a range of physical and technical security processes and procedures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that we hold, and we update these from time to time to address new and emerging security threats that you become aware of.
We also take steps to monitor access to and modification of your information by our staff, and ensure that our staff is aware of and properly trained in their obligations for managing your privacy.
As a User of the Platform, you can help prevent unauthorized access to your account and information by choosing a strong and unique password which is stored in a password manager.
Please do not engage in any behavior that endangers the security of our app, website and Users. This prohibited behavior includes items described in our Terms as well as the following list, which is not exhaustive:
- Illegal activities
- Distribution of others’ Personal Data, including Users distributing Personal Data of other Users
- Service Degradation
- Data Mining
- Reverse Engineering
If you do engage in these behaviors or otherwise endanger the security of the Platform or movimundi website, or Users, we may terminate your movimundi account.
Children under 13 may not create an account on movimundi. An adult user can give supervised access to children dedicated classes to children under 13 who he is parent or legal guardian of. movimundi is not responsible in any way for the content and instruction of children classes offered by a Studio and delivered by Teachers from this Studio.
California residents may be entitled to obtain information about Personal Data. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows California residents to request access to the specific pieces and categories of Personal Data that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. movimundi provides you the right to access your Personal Data by emailing us at email@example.com.
California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect your privacy. However, if you are concerned about the way in which we are managing your Personal Data and think we may have breached any applicable privacy laws or any other relevant obligation, please contact us using the details set out below.
We will make a record of your complaint, will deal with the matter as soon as we can, and keep you informed of the progress of our investigation.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled to make a complaint to the proper authorities.
Or mail us:
IYOGA LLC, 6548 28th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115
If you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Changes to the policy